my

Thursday 9 November 2017

Sean Parker, cofounder of Napster and the first president of Facebook, now says that social media, Facebook included, is "
 exploiting a vulnerability in human psychology."

Sean parker speaking At an Axios event on Wednesday, Parker reportedly described as himself becoming “something of a
conscientious
objector” against social platform
 sharing some interesting things about Facebook and immortality onstage:At an Axios
event on Wednesday,
  Parker warned about the excess social media use, saying The unintended
consequences of a social network when it grows to a billion or 2 billion people and ... it literally changes your relationship
with society, with each other," the billionaire said onstage at the during an event that
also focused on his work supporting cutting-edge cancer research. "It probably interferes with productivity in weird ways.
 God only knows what it's doing to our children's brains."When Facebook was getting going, I had these people who would
come up to me and they would say, “I’m not on social media.” And I would say, ‘OK. You know, you will be.” And then they
 would say, “No, no, no. I value my real-life interactions. I value the moment. I value presence. I value intimacy.” And
I would say, ... “We’ll get you eventually.”our thought process that went into building these applications,  like Facebook
being the first of them,  was all about: 'How do we consume as much of your time and conscious attention as possible?
'" he said. "And that means that we need to sort of give you a little dopamine hit every once in awhile, because someone
liked or commented on a photo or a post or whatever."

Parker said the platforms built a "social validation feedback loop" that exploits "a vulnerability in human psychology."

many Recent research show that over a lifetime, an average person will spend 5 years and 4 months on social media. `
now

No comments:

Post a Comment